Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chantilly Lace

This past weekend Corey and I took an anniversary/get away with friends trip to Eureka Springs.  Eureka Springs is only about 45 miles away from Fayetteville, so its a great place to go to feel like you are 'getting away' without having to travel that far.  My only hesitation for the entire trip was that I was going to be away...overnight....from Wesley (gasp!!) for the first time ever.  Corey's mom and stepdad came up to stay with him while we were away for the night, so he was in good hands :)

Saturday around 1pm we headed out.  We made our way to Eureka along a very curvy road and arrived at our home for the night - the Chantilly Lace.  I don't think the pictures even do this place justice - the decor at these bed and breafast places is unique to say the least! 













After arriving and checking in, we went to the Basin Park Balcony restaurant to grab a late lunch.  Afterwards we the spent the rest of the afternoon walking around downtown - the 63rd Annual Folk Fest was going on that weekend, and it was perfect fall weather. 




We had dinner on Satruday night at Ermilios, which was amazing - one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten at.


Sunday morning we grabbed some breakfast at a local restaurant called Mud Street Cafe, and headed home!  We saw this intresting guy walking back to the car:


And I'm happy to report that I survived my very first night away from Wesley, as did he :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like y'all had a great (and well-deserved) time - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete