Tuesday, February 8, 2011

DIY Valentine Wreath

While we were stuck in the house over the weekend because of the snow, I decided to try out a wreath project I had seen on several other blogs.  I think it turned out really cute!  You could do this for any holiday coming up - St Patrick's Day, Fat Tuesday, Easter - it would also be a great decoration for a baby shower.

I started out with 4 yards of tulle I bought from Hobby Lobby (I used 1.5 yards of pink and red, and 1 yard of white), some Valentine ribbon, a Valentine decoration for the middle, and a floral wreath (which I had to spray paint white - it was green) - you could also use a foam ring, but HL was out of them when I went

I cut the tulle into 12-13 inch pieces
And then I just started tying double knots around the floral wreath

Once I was finished tying the tulle, I positioned my Valentine decoration in the middle of the wreath where I wanted it and hot glued it to two pieces of ribbon.  Then I glued the two pieces of ribbon to the back of the wreath
Finished product
Hung on the front door! 

3 comments:

  1. I just made a wreath JUST like that with my mommys group! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful and so creative! Good job:)
    Where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I need to do something about my front door ... it's bare!

    ReplyDelete