Friday, May 20, 2011

The Cabin

Last weekend we went down to Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs to help my family paint our lake cabin.  The cabin has been in the family since the 60's - my maternal grandparents bought it when my mom was young, so she grew up going to the lake all the time with her family, and it was the same when I was growing up.  I spent a large amount of my childhood at this place - it seems like we were there every weekend in the summer (if we weren't, we were island camping on Lake Ouchita).  I love love love this place and the lake more that I can describe and am sure Wesley will enjoy many family memories there as well!

 Wesley playing with his cousins inside the cabin - it was cold and windy when we got there so we had to stay inside with the kiddos during the first part of the day.  In this picture is (from left) Preston (5), Peyton (7), my sister Sarah, and Wesley (17 months).  You can barely see my niece Allison (5) in the lower left corner.

 I think they were making sharks with Play-doh - Allison (5), Preston (5), Peyton (7), and Brayden (3).

 Everyone having fun!

 Corey scraping off the old brown paint

 The new dock - built last summer

 The cabin - not quite one color yet....

 Everyone working hard

 Time out for a nap - I'm pretty sure I slept in this crib when I was a baby its that old :)

 It warmed up a little in the afternoon, and the older kids went swimming!  Preston jumping off the dock

 Then Allison

 Wesley helping out with the yard work

 Wesley and Jackson (7 months) playing in the front yard

 Wesley checking out the fish his cousin Peyton caught

Wesley and mommy (excuse the no-makeup - it was a work day!)

1 comment:

  1. Love the one of Wesley at the head of the coffee table, looks like he could be running the show!!!!
    Lots of great family memories:)

    ReplyDelete