Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Farewell



Baylee Abigail Runnells
August 19, 2001 - March 9, 2011 
 

Early this morning we had to say goodbye to our beloved pet Baylee.  She was suffering from heart failure, and it was her time.  These are the words my husband Corey wrote to honor her life:

Since Thanksgiving 2010, Baylee has been going through the inevitable process of winding things down.  Baylee started out with me when she was a young puppy, only 5 weeks old.  I picked her up and from that day forward, she has been as loyal and loving of a dog as any pet owner could ever hope for.  She has always been the most people pleasing dog I have ever been around, and she loved to be praised.  She attended doggy college when she was young and was a very bright student, passing with flying colors.  She has had most of the basic commands down for most of her life, and as she got older, she would obey most everything you asked her to do.  I cannot count the times that people commented on what a great dog she is.
 

She began her life with me living in a fraternity house, where she was a star.  After we moved out of the fraternity house, things were a little calmer, but it would take several years before we enjoyed a quiet, more routine lifestyle.  She has had several roommates over the years, and continued to see most of them regularly throughout her life.  She has lived with me in two states, Arkansas and Texas, and enjoyed both very much; although she told me she was glad we were going home when we left Texas.  She was by my side when Sheryl and I decided to get married, and she was waiting patiently at home when we brought our son home from the hospital.  During Wesley's first few days with us, she was very curious.  Once she realized that he was part of the family, she immediately showed her love for him and it was as though he had been with us from day one.  During Wesley's first year, she has been extremely patient, especially once Wesley learned to walk.  Baylee has been a part of my family for 9 years and 5 months and has been the best dog I could have ever asked for.  Being that she has been with me through so many milestones in my life, it is hard to imagine ever finding her equal.  She will always hold a special place in my heart.

 

Last Thursday, we found out that her heart was failing her.  Earlier this week, we learned that there is nothing that can be done for her and that she does not have much time left.  In order for her to avoid any undeserved suffering, she will be euthanized on Wednesday, March 9, 2011.  She has been such a joy and will be missed greatly.

-Corey

1 comment:

  1. Baylee was the BEST!...the most amazing, sweetest natured, loving, most wonderful grand dog. We had so many great times together.
    One summer when Corey was traveling, she lived with us. I took her to "Doggie Daycare" every day that I was at work, she was also a star there. She loved playing all day with her friends and was always glad to see me in the afternoons.
    I have so many memories of her and will forever cherish all of them. She will sincerely be missed by her Mimi and D-Daddy:)

    ReplyDelete