Wednesday, February 29, 2012

24 Weeks - Baby #2


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 weeks
Size of baby: Length is about 11.8 inches and she weighs about 1.3 lbs (around the size of a grapefruit)
Gender: Girl!  Natalie Raines
Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothes
Weight gain: Had my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and I weighed 160 - I'd say pre-pregnancy I was around 142, so 18 lbs!  Geez.  I did gain 48 with Wesley (which I did lose thank goodness!!) so I expect it will be around the same this time.
Movement: I've got a very active baby on my hands.  She moves and kicks a lot - I need to video my stomach jumping when she's dancing around in there.
Sleep: Sleeping well - Wesley has been sick this week, so I've been up with him but I've still managed to stay rested.  Corey was also out of town which usually makes sleeping more restless, but I think I was so tired from being up with Wesley that it didn't faze me!
Symptoms: Still feeling pretty good - my belly button has already started to poke out so I think it makes me look farther along than I really am!  With Wesley it was closer to 30 weeks when that happened and people would see me and say it looked like I was 'done' because my timer had popped out!
Cravings: Nachos and fruit juice
What I miss: Being able to shave my legs comfortably - I have to bend myself into an awkward position to get my whole leg now!
Best moment this week: Hearing Natalie's heartbeat at my appointment on Wednesday - even though I feel her move all the time, it is reassuring to hear that sound every month to know she's ok!  This week it was 156 beats per minute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment