Monday, January 9, 2012

17 Weeks - Baby #2


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 17 weeks
Size of baby: Length is about 5.1 inches and weighs about 5.9 ounces (around the size of an onion)
Gender: I asked Wesley if there was a baby boy or a baby girl in my tummy, and he said baby girl - so then I asked if he was having a baby sister or baby brother, and he said baby sister!  Maybe he knows something we don't....
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants/jeans/tops - I can still wear a few normal tops (not for long though).  I feel like I've gotten bigger faster with this pregnancy, which I've heard is pretty normal with #2.
Weight gain: Around 7-8 lbs total
Movement: Feeling some movement, mostly when I am very still or have just eaten something - I've only felt a few small kicks here and there so far.  With Wesley, all I remember were the kicks.  With this one, its more like the baby is rolling around.
Sleep: Sleeping OK - I've been waking up in the middle of the night randomly, then am not able to fall back asleep easily.  We also just got a new mattress for our bed, so I've been getting used to that this week.
Symptoms: Still feeling pretty good overall - I'm tired by the end of the day (at a desk job mind you), but I was like that before I was pregnant!  I find that on the weekends I can't do as much around the house/project-wise as I used to, I just get so worn out.
Cravings: Everything bagels with veggie cream cheese
What I miss: Real coffee!  I don't remember missing it so much last time, but this time I really wish I could have some good, strong flavored coffee with lots of cream and sugar!  The decaf just isn't cutting it.
Best moment this week: Asking Wesley about the baby - and his responses! I think he might be coming to understand more and more that there is a baby on the way.  We have been trying to talk to him about it and include him as much as we can so he'll be as excited as we are about our new addition!  We are so excited to see him as a big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment