Sunday, January 15, 2012

18 Weeks - Baby #2


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: Length is about 5.6 inches and weighs about 6.7 ounces (around the size of a sweet potato)
Gender: I'm sticking with boy - I've had a couple of dreams that the baby is a boy this week.  Everyone else still says girl, but I'm sticking to blue until I'm proven wrong on January 27th :)
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants/jeans/tops - I can still wear a few normal tops (not for long though).  I'm really liking my leggings these days!
Weight gain: Around 7-8 lbs total
Movement: Feeling movement along with kicking.  It is not consistent, but I feel it daily now.
Sleep: Sleeping fairly well - I try to sleep on my side, but always end up on my back.  I'm thinking I might buy just a cheap body pillow to see if that will help me stay put.
Symptoms: Tired, but feeling good overall.  It is getting harder to bend over, and to get up and down!
Cravings: Grapefruit!  Wesley loves it too.
What I miss: Sushi!  And medium rare steak with red wine.  Both sound really good right now!
Best moment this week: I realized that I'm close to halfway though this pregnancy already!  This one has gone so much faster than with Wesley, mostly because I have him to keep me busy :)  I'm so thankful that we are able to have children, and that our kids will grow up with siblings.

1 comment:

  1. Go Team Blue! :o) About the body pillow: I had one of the cheap-o ones from Walmart while I was pregnant, and I thought it helped, and I even thought it helped with my back, so I would recommend dropping the $5 - $10 on one just to see if it works for you ... I even took it to the hospital with me.

    ReplyDelete