Saturday, December 31, 2011

16 Weeks - Baby #2



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 weeks
Size of baby: Length is about 4.6 inches and weighs about 3.5 ounces (around the size of an avocado)
Gender: Still feeling boy - I'm definitely in the minority though, everyone else seems to think it is a girl!
Maternity Clothes: Wearing mostly maternity pants/jeans, also some dress pants with the belly band.  Still in normal tops (not for long though) and a few maternity tops.
Weight gain: Around 6-7 lbs total
Movement: Feeling some movement, mostly when I am still or have just eaten something - I've only felt a few small kicks here and there so far.
Sleep: Sleeping OK - I have to get up at least once during the night to pee then have a hard time falling back asleep.
Symptoms: Hungry all the time! I'm not as thirsty as I was in the beginning.  Pretty tried by the end of the day, but thankful to be feeling pretty good overall!
Cravings: Tuna fish sandwich and broccoli cheddar soup from Quiznos, with lots of extra pickles!
What I miss: Clothes that fit.  I'm not big enough for true maternity tops, but most of my normal tops are getting too small so I've had to shop a little for this 'in-between' stage :)
Best moment this week: Celebrating Christmas with my precious little family, and realizing that next Christmas we will have a 3 year old AND a 6 month old!  Eek!

1 comment:

  1. I think I've picked my side ... I think I'm in the minority with you: Team Blue! Based on really scientific stuff like the fact that you are now craving salty/savory stuff and the hearbeat was in the low 150s :o). Can't wait to find out :o)!

    ReplyDelete