Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Breech

At our last OB appointment, the doctor was checking for dilation/effacement and said he didn't think the baby was head down.  All last week I researched 'malpositioned' babies - I've been thinking all along that her bottom was to the left of my belly button and her head is down to the right hand side (I can feel hiccups there), so I thought she was head down but just kind of sideways (this is an oblique position).  Not perfect position, but close.  I found all kinds of exercises to open up the pelvis and went to the chiropractor as well hoping that would help her slip into position.

We had an ultrasound this morning to confirm her position, and to my shock and disappointment she is completely breech.  What I've been thinking this whole time was her bottom is actually her head.  I'm pretty devastated.  While I am so so thankful that she is completely healthy (they estimated that she weighs around 7lbs5oz and has hair!) I think I am kind of mourning the birth experience I thought I'd have.

I know that our plan is not always Gods plan, and that while I may not understand why I have to trust that this is what is meant to be.  I am scared, but so excited to finally meet my daughter!

I am scheduled for a c-section on Friday June 22 at 9:00am if she does not flip on her own or I do not go into labor before then.

1 comment:

  1. Boo about being breech, but glad everything else is okay. Not that it helps, but I had 2 c-sections and it's really not that bed.

    ReplyDelete